Hey guys! So for Spanish I have to do a culture project about Columbia and I thought, what better place to write a travel blog about that the place I am being forced to study. Before I begin I want to make it clear that this is the county Columbia in South America not Columbia county in South Carolina (whenever I search up Columbia, South Carolina keeps coming up lol). Anyways, let’s take a look at the gateway to South America.
Columbia looks absolutely beautiful! The forests and the hikes there are amazing! not to mention the architecture or the way the buildings are built. One of my partners in my project was in street view of places in Columbia and what we saw was so beautiful! Here are some of the top places to visit in Columbia.
- Cartagena is a beautiful city filled with festivals and traditions. Downtown is defiantly the heart of the city and the most evident testimony of its history. It has a varied architecture, mainly of a colonial style, but there are also republican and Italian style buildings, such as the Cathedral’s bell tower.
- Bogotá is filled with modern and traditional architecture and is said to have diversity that makes for harmony. This city is also the capitol of Columbia. It is the home to many museums such as Banco de Republica Gold Museum, Quinta de Bolívar Museum, and many more.
- Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona
- Parque Nacional Natural Tayrona is a beautiful beach that is stretched over 12,000 hectares of land and 3000 hectares of coral-rich sea.
- Los Nevados National Natural Park
- The majestic Los Nevados National Natural Park is located in Colombia’s coffee-growing region, in the northern volcanic complex formed by Nevado del Ruiz. There are beautiful hikes and amazing views.
- Ciudad Perdida
- Ciudad Perdida is the site of an ancient city in Colombia that is older than Machu Picchu in Peru. It’s a challenging but rewarding hike with ancient ruins, jungle, river crossings, native villages, waterfalls and much more.
So these are my top five from what I have seen online! Have any of you guys been to Columbia? Let me know! Oh and let me know what place you wanna see me do a blog for next! Enjoy the photos! I’ll see ya next time!
– Muna Naseer